The Colorado Sister has a natural bent toward organization and intentionality. And she has never backed down from a challenge to my knowledge. So, it’s only natural that she would set in motion a challenge to conquer the clutter of our studios during this next year. And since titles need to have some kind of alliteration, we are calling this challenge Fight the Chaos Fridays.
Here’s how it will work:
- Take some BEFORE pictures of troublesome, chaotic corners of your sewing space. Okay, let’s be honest, I need to take a panoramic shot from the doorway to capture the whole thing.
- Make a list of the areas that slow down your effectiveness the most. Those are Priority One places that impede your progress, clog your creativity and stifle your stitching. Conquer the Clutter!
Every month on the first Friday, Sisters will post four areas to focus on during that month. Some routine items will be repeated several times throughout the year for those of us who need to be reminded. A couple times a year there will be time for back up work but you can add that more often if you prefer. We wanted to give room to personalize the process based on your existing clutter (We all have it, dear. It’s okay to call it what it is. Breathe deep and think of where we will all be at the end of the year!) so every once in a while we will include time to address your personal Priority One list.
- Print off the little monthly reminder we are giving you at the end of this post and check off your progress. We’ll tackle this challenge like we eat an elephant – one bite at a time. One checkmark on the list every week is plenty – we’ll have a whole year to work on this.
- Take some AFTER pictures as you conquer each area. This will help you stay with it along about the first of May when the outside To Do list kicks into high gear too.
- Every 1st Friday post the new Fight the Chaos list that you’ll find posted here.
We’d love to hear from you if you think of things we have missed. And we’d love to see pictures of your progress!
Here’s the list for January:
You can get your FREE January printable checklist HERE.
Together we can Fight the Chaos!