We love making lists and checking them off!
And we accumulated lots of check marks because we got so much done during this year’s September trip to Colorado to do the CQC quilt show!
- Finished putting lace on our Legacy of Lace quilt.
- Put together patterns for our Linens and Old Lace Collection.
- Planned two presentations for the show’s classroom: Care and Use of Vintage Linens and Mother’s Medallion projects.
- Packed for the show, unpacked at the show, repacked at the end of the show and unpacked when we got back to the ranch after the show.
- Worked the show together in our double booth – one with demonstrator duties and the other with the cashier duties. We really liked the opportunity to display patterns with the antique sewing accoutrements on one side and then, on the other side, embellish the pattern displays with vintage fabrics and linens.
- Enjoyed the Jacuzzi time and renewed friendships
- Treasured watching football and lunch out with our dad
- Delighted in a spontaneous stop at a little museum festooned with flowers
- Appreciated a morning of stitching encouragement with the Calico Quilters club
- Sorted through treasurers which had accumulated in the sister’s joint stash.
AND the Colorado sister brainstormed with me as I was preparing to speak at a Ladies’ Day on the topic Pamper Your Soul. She helped me tie it up with a bow with her ideas about God’s Personal Touch every day. We brainstormed about cultivating a “What’s RIGHT with this picture?” mentality. We believe that because of God’s great love for us, His touch on our days is very personal. You know, how He orchestrates a variety of people, places, and things unique to our individual needs. And that means there is a lot right in the picture, we just need to watch for it.
We quilters might see His touch in giving us …
the soft nap of flannel,
the vivid colors of natural dyes,
the hum of a sewing machine
sharp cutters, plenty of pins, and fat quarters
Others might think of …
humming birds, hot coffee, pleasant cashiers
soft perfume, kind words, thoughtful cards
sleeping babies, laughing children, understanding friends
Or maybe you would say …
things we hear, things we smell, things we see
things we remember, things we anticipate, things we enjoy
things that are soft, things that are scarlet, things that are sturdy
We could sum it up as …
the creativity of God touching our lives;
the power of God touching our lives,
the love of God touching our lives.
I’m thinking that if we make it part of our daily checklist to really see His personal touches, our spirits will be massaged, our hearts will be refreshed and our perspectives will be filled with hope. Our souls will be pampered.
Pampering yourself – and stitching! Be sure and check those things off your list every day!
PS – I have to add that one undeniable way I have known soul pampering is the quality sister time that is inextricably woven through being in business together with Cindy. And the best part is knowing that the sister connection started long before our business did and it will last long after our last business day.