- The doors burst open with quilting fans from near and far.
- The oohs and ahhs are clearly heard.
- Raffle tickets are sold.
- Lunch is served.
- Demos are shared.
- Inspiration abounds.
- The shoppers leave with bags of “happiness”.
So what happens to the vendor during all this excitement? How did they get from set-up to tear down? Well, it is a very similar routine for most of us. Maybe a little backward since we are on the other side of the worktable.
- We arrive with bags (and boxes and totes and crates) of happiness to share.
- We’re inspired to set up our booths in the most attractive way possible for a 10′ x 20′ space.
- We have our demos prepared for the new tools and patterns.
- We hope we get lunch (but might work right through).
- We might even get to buy a raffle ticket before the doors open.
- The grunts and groans of “hired help” are plainly heard.
- The doors, trailers, trunks and tailgates are finely empty and it is SHOWTIME!
The only thing about shows (and life) is what do you do about the pesky neighbors? Just kidding, even sisters get to be neighbors at the best of shows!